Who We Are
Berlin Natural Bakery is located in the world’s largest Amish community - Berlin, Ohio. The Amish are not only our neighbors but they are a part of our own personal heritage and you can see that plainly in the values we share.
For instance, we share in the belief that faster is not always better when It comes to creating items with true substance – like your daily bread.
We also agree that it is our responsibility to do what is right even when it isn’t easy. That compromising is never the answer no matter how tough things get.
And like the Amish – we find ourselves separate from our competitors because our way of baking and doing business looks nothing like theirs.
We stand apart from other bread manufactures because we are not a “manufacturer” first – we are a bakery and we take the responsibility of baking for you and your family very seriously and we are honored to continue doing so.
Read below for a little insight into what makes us different.
- We bake exclusively with spelt which is far superior nutritionally compared to modern wheat(s)
- We use an Heirloom Spelt grain grown in Germany that is registered and protected to ensure it stays that way – no modernized grains here!
- We were the first bread line in the United States to be Non-GMO Project Verified
- We only bake in small batches – NO mass producing or added ingredients to make mass producing easier.
- We stone grind our grain into flour, daily at the bakery – NO flour sitting around going rancid!
- We only use simple, easy to recognize ingredients – NO dough conditioners, no added gluten
- We only bake authentic loaves of bread – NO artificial colors, NO synthetic vitamins, NO manufactured flavors
- We double bag our products for maximum freshness – NO preservatives here!
For a little more info on the values and principles that drive us - watch the video below.